Saturday, September 02, 2006

City Beat moves to Area Voices

Tu-Uyen has finally moved his The City Beat blog to Forum Communications' AreaVoices website. I'm sure a similar move for Tom Dennis' Prairie Pundit blog can't be that far off.

I personally have serious reservations about AreaVoices, but this is just a part of the buyout of the Grand Forks Herald by Forum Communications. It seems like Forum thinks they can do better blog hosting than the big guys. Mainly, I'm a little worried that locating a blog at something other than one of the big blogging sites will limit the blog's audience.

Still, I know that I for one won't be visiting The City Beat any less now that it is over at AreaVoices. I hope all of you, the loyal readers of the Grand Forks Blogosphere, will check it out on a regular basis as well. Tu-Uyen does a great job with his blog and he produces a lot of good content. Good luck, Tuey!

BTW, I know I've been very lazy with the blog lately. I've just been a little busier now that college is back in session. I'll try to do better...I promise!

Update - 9/2/2006 - 6:44 PM
Looks like Tu-Uyen has gotten a site feed on The City Beat after all. Because of this, his new posts will show up in my "Grand Forks Blogosphere" box on the left side of this blog just like before.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's kind of funny. I use Netscape and didn't have a clue the RSS feed was up.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, thanks to GFG, Rob and everyone else for the love. The City Beat appreciates it!

GrandForksGuy said...

Can you see your RSS feed now? I use Firefox and it shows up for me.

Something funny is going on with that little "Grand Forks Blogosphere" box on my blog...it's not showing up for me tonight. Hopefully it's just some bug with Google. Can you see it?

BTW, Tu-Uyen...remind whoever is in charge at the Herald to update that little footer at the end of your articles...it still has your old blog address.

GrandForksGuy said...

OK...now the GF Blogosphere feed box is working correctly. Whatever.