Thursday, November 10, 2005

Canad Inns construction could start next week


We've all heard this before (ok...dozens of times over the past several years), but construction could start on the overly delayed Canad Inns complex as early as next week. The very last bit of pre-construction business has wrapped up and the next thing that should happen is that ground should start being turned. I doubt we would see anything before next Monday, but hopefully we will see something next week...or at least get some kind of a firm date set for groundbreaking.

Keep in mind that this initial construction will not include the proposed cineplex. Leo Ledohowski is still trying to find an appropriate business to partner with for that venture.

You can't get much later in the year to start one of the biggest construction projects this state has ever seen. Oh well, contractors say that Canad should be able to work on the pilings through the winter months. I can't wait to hear that dull "Boom! Boom! Boom!" sound one day (maybe next week?) when I wake up.

I know, I know...I'll believe it when I see it too!!!

No comments: